Actors: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Bill Irwin, Mackenzie Foy
Director: Christopher Nolan
Language: ENGLISH: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit), SPANISH: Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps), FRENCH: Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps)
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian
Region: Region A
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1, 1.78:1
Number of Discs: 3 (2 BD/DVD + UV Digital Copy)
Orig. Release Date: 2014
Release Date: 3/31/2015
Run Time: 169 Min.
- The Science of Interstellar
(1080p, 50:20): Matthew McConaughey narrates a look at the film's
scientific foundations, the work of consulting Scientist Kip Thorne,
basic film themes, the science behind the search for planets capable of
hosting life, space-time and the theory of relativity, the science of
wormholes and black holes, crafting the film's visuals based on real
scientific observation, the birth of the universe, the Dust Bowl and the
evolution of dust as a toxin, the likelihood of future dust storms, the
prospects of escaping a dying or doomed planet, and the possibilities
of colonizing Mars.
- Inside Interstellar
- Plotting an Interstellar Journey:
(1080p, 7:49): Cast and crew discuss project origins, the film's
imagery, ambitions, incorporating IMAX footage, and the human element
within the film.
- Life on Cooper's Farm
(1080p, 9:43): A closer look at the farm shooting locations outside of
Calgary, set construction and design, working with real corn, and more.
- The Dust (1080p, 2:38): Throwing real dust into the frame rather than adding it digitally.
- Tars and Case
(1080p, 9:27): a closer look at the film's mechanical characters,
including backstory, design, the blend of practical and digital effects
in bringing them to life, the differences in the characters, and the
human performances behind the characters.
- The Cosmic Sounds of Interstellar (1080p, 1:20): A look at the creative process behind the film's music.
- The Space Suits (1080p, 4:31): A look at design, form, and function.
- The Endurance
(1080p, 9:24): Designing the vehicle to resemble the International
Space Station and again built with authentic function and needs in mind.
It also offers a tour of the interior.
- Shooting in Iceland: Miller's Planet/Mann's Planet
(1080p, 12:42): A look at the Icelandic locations that stood in for
alien landscapes in the film and the challenges and benefits the
- The Ranger and the Lander (1080p, 12:20): Tours of vehicle interiors as well as function, design, and construction details.
- Miniatures in Space (1080p, 5:29): A closer look at the use of models of various sizes and built for various purposes.
- The Simulation of Zero-G (1080p, 5:31): As the title suggests, this piece looks at the processes of simulating the absence of gravity in the film.
- Celestial Landmarks
(1080p, 13:22): Another examination of the scientific details and
theories utilized throughout the film and that propel the story.
- Across All Dimensions and Time (1080p, 9:02): A look at theorizing, designing, and implementing one of the crucial end-film visuals.
- Final Thoughts (1080p, 6:02): Cast and crew reflect on the film and their hopes for it as an influence and inspiration for future generations.
- Trailers (1080p):
- Teaser (1:52)
- Trailer 1 (2:34)
- Trailer 2 (2:35)
- Trailer 3 (2:29).
An exploration of physicist Kip Thorne's theories of gravity fields, wormholes and several hypotheses that Albert Einstein was never able to prove.