Inside Artwork: Yes
Finish Type: Matte
Actors: Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore, Peter Coyote, Dee Wallace, Robert MacNaughton
Director: Steven Spielberg
Language: ENGLISH: DTS-HD MA 7.1, SPANISH: DTS 5.1, FRENCH: DTS 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Region: Region Free
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Number of Discs: 2 (BD/DVD + Digital Copy)
Orig. Release Date: 1982
Release Date: 2/5/2019
Run Time: 114 Min.
- Steven Spielberg & E.T. (HD, 13 minutes): Spielberg recounts the story of E.T.'s
genesis, development and production in this new retrospective, touching
on the inspiration for his story, Melissa Mathison's subsequent script,
the focus on Elliot and his siblings over E.T., the personal nature of
the project, and the overwhelmingly positive response to the film.
- The E.T. Journals (HD, 54 minutes): Composed entirely
of original behind-the-scenes footage shot during the production, this
two-part fly-on-the-wall documentary is wonderful. There isn't any
narration -- just candid on-set interviews with the cast and crew -- but
there isn't any pretense either. Only a group of people committed to
making a movie they truly believe in. There are dozens of memorable
moments to be had too, many of them involving Spielberg's interaction
with young Henry Thomas, Robert MacNaughton and Drew Barrymore. A
- Deleted Scenes (HD, 4 minutes): Bathtub hijinks and Halloween anarchy. Spielberg was wise to cut each.
- A Look Back (SD, 38 minutes): A non-anamorphic production
documentary ported over from the 2002 20th Anniversary Edition DVD. Very
good, very engaging; it's just a shame it isn't presented in high
- The Evolution and Creation of E.T. (SD, 50 minutes):
Also pulled from the 20th Anniversary Edition DVD, this follow-up doc is
a bit redundant on occasion, but the interviews and other
behind-the-scenes footage it features lend it plenty of value.
- The E.T. Reunion (SD, 18 minutes): Spielberg, Thomas,
MacNaughton, Barrymore, Dee Wallace, Peter Coyote and producer Kathleen
Kennedy gather together and share memories of the shoot.
- The 20th Anniversary Premiere (SD, 18 minutes): Composer John
Williams and a full symphony orchestra perform the film's score for a
live audience watching the movie at its 20th Anniversary Shrine
Auditorium premiere. Note: this is an 18-minute featurette; not a presentation of the full orchestral performance.
- The Music of E.T. (SD, 10 minutes): A conversation with Williams.
- Designs, Photographs and Marketing (SD, 45 minutes): Six image galleries.
- Special Olympics TV Spot (SD, 1 minute)
- Theatrical Trailer (SD, 2 minutes)
An extra-terrestrial is accidentally left behind on Earth and is
befriended by a young boy and his brother and sister. As Elliot attempts
to help his extra-terrestrial companion contact his home planet so that
he might be rescued, the children must elude scientists and government
agents determined to apprehend the alien for their own purposes...which
results in an adventure greater than any of them could have imagined.