Inside Artwork: Yes
Finish Type: Gloss
Actors: Dean-Charles Chapman, George MacKay, Mark Strong, Andrew Scott, Richard Madden, Colin Firth
Director: Sam Mendes
Language: ENGLISH: Dolby Atmos
Subtitles: Korean, English, English SDH, Chinese
Region: Region Free
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
Number of Discs: 1
Orig. Release Date: 2019
Release Date: 2/26/2021
Run Time: 119 Min.
- The Weight of the World: Sam Mendes (1080p, 4:29): A look at the scriptwriting process, Mendes' passion for and personal connection to the material, the director's work on set, and more.
- Allied Forces: The Making of 1917 (1080p, 12:01): Crafting the movie in what appear to be two long consecutive shots, shooting on the Arri LF Mini and the various control options for certain camera movements and coverage, logistical challenges, production detail and location hardships, and more.
- The Score of 1917 (1080p, 3:52): In discussion of the movie's music with Composer Thomas Newman, Director Sam Mendes, and others.
- In the Trenches (1080p, 6:59): This piece covers casting relatively unknown actors in the lead roles, their performances and screen presence, commitment to the roles, and more.
- Recreating History (1080p, 10:25): Mendes' collaboration with Dennis Gassner, "crafting the world around the rhythm of the script," logistical challenges, extensive preparatory work, numerous design specifics, lighting challenges, and more.
- Audio Commentary: Director/Co-Writer Sam Mendes covers the film in wide-berth detail: the film's origins in his grandfather's war stories, score, war history, story details, cast and performances, production design, and other critical and anecdotal tidbits.
- Audio Commentary: Director of Photography Roger Deakins delivers a more technically focused exploration of the film and his incredible work on it.
At the height of the First World War, two young British soldiers, Schofield (George MacKay) and Blake (Dean-Charles Chapman) are given a seemingly impossible mission. In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers—Blake’s own brother among them.