Inside Artwork: TBA
Finish Type: TBA
Actors: Liam Neeson, Felicity Jones, Toby Kebbell, Sigourney Weaver, Geraldine Chaplin, Lewis MacDougall
Director: J.A. Bayona
Language: ENGLISH: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English, Korean
Region: Region Free
of Discs: 1
Release Date: 2016
Time: 108 Min.
- Deleted Scenes (1080p, 6:22 total runtime): Conor and Dad, Conor and Grandma, Conor and Mom, Lily
Forgives Conor, and We Used to Be Friends.
- The Making of A Monster Calls (1080p): A five-part feature. Each segment is partially in English and partially in Spanish.
- Introduction (1:21): Cast and crew discuss the film and its essence.
- Building the Story (5:38): A look back at the original story concept and transitioning it to the original novel, the story's most crucial
scene, story themes, characters and performances, actor research, and transitioning the story to the screen.
- Bringing the Monster to Life (6:40): A closer look at Liam Neeson's casting and performance, the character's real-life legend, creature
design, and visual effects.
- The Perfect Cast (4:53): A discussion of characters and the cast that portrays them.
- Working with J.A. Bayona (2:00): Cast and crew discuss the pleasures of working with the director and the qualities he brought to the
set and the film.
- Making of the Tales (1080p, 8:14): A look at the physical and digital construction processes of the film's unique animated tales, set to
- Audio Commentary: Writer Patrick Ness delivers the English
language commentary track and covers the original author and outline,
involvement in the writing process both for the book and the screenplay,
characters, actors and performances, inspirations, plot mechanics, and more.
- Audio Commentary: Director J.A. Bayonne delivers the Spanish
language track. Track subtitles do not turn on automatically.
This is obviously a more technically oriented commentary track that
still covers plot mechanics, themes, characters, and performances, among
A boy seeks the help of a tree monster to cope with his single mom's terminal illness.