Actors: John Goodman, Leslie Mann, Anna Kendrick, Elaine Stritch, Casey Affleck, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Bernard Hill, Kodi Smit-McPhee
Director: Sam Fell
Language: ENGLISH: Dolby Atmos, ENGLISH: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit), FRENCH: DTS 5.1, SPANISH: DTS 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Region: Region Free (BD Region A
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
Number of Discs: 2
Orig. Release Date: 2012
Studio: Shout Factory
Release Date: 12/13/2022
Run Time: 92 Min.
- Booklet (ten pages) contain review blurbs and an essay by Bill Desowitz.
- Commentary features co-directors Sam Fell and Chris Butler.
- "Inside Laika: Discovering the Characters of 'ParaNorman'" (12:51, HD) is an overview of production labor and technical achievements, including an understanding of how CG-animation was used to enhance scenes where puppetry couldn't work. The featurette offers interviews with co-director Sam Fell, co-director/writer Chris Butler, producer and lead animator Travis Knight, producer Arianne Sutner, production designer Nelson Lowry, visual effects supervisor Brian Van't Hul, animation rigging supervisor Oliver Jones, and animation supervisor Bred Schiff.
- "Inside Laika: Revisiting the Puppets with Laika's Animation Team" (HD) is broken down into "Courtney Babcock" (1:25), "Mitch" (1:35), "Norman Babcock" (1:59), "Neil" (1:22), "Mr. Prenderghast" (1:43), and "Zombie Judge" (2:09). The interviews can be viewed with a Play All function.
- Feature-Length Storyboards (92:03, HD) presents an early version of "ParaNorman," explored thorough drawings.
- "Peering Through the Veil: Behind the Scenes of 'ParaNorman'" (HD) is the making-of for the film, broken down into "That's ParaNorman" (1:01), "Creating a World" (4:17), "Voicing 'ParaNorman'" (6:22), "Building Characters" (5:38), "Making Faces" (6:58), "Rigging the Game" (4:01), "Bringing the Undead to Life" (4:27), "Angry Aggie" (5:18), and "Weird and Wonderful." The featurettes can be viewed with a Play All function.
- "You Don't Become a Hero by Being Normal" (2:43) explores how the crew at Laika related to the characters of "ParaNorman," featuring interviews with lead hair fabricator Jill Penney, mold maker Matzilla Duron, co-director/writer Chris Butler, creative supervisor Georgina Hayns, producer and lead animator Travis Knight, and co-director Sam Fell.
- "A Normal Childhood" (2:03, HD) focuses on co-director/writer Chris Butler and his memories of being an outcast as a kid.
- "Playing as a Profession" (2:18, HD) focuses on co-director Sam Fell, who shares his wonder with the Laika work experience, remaining a kid-at-heart while creating stop-motion animation.
- "Making Norman" (1:34, HD) is a timelapse video highlighting the process of creating a Norman puppet.
- "This Little Light" (1:15, HD) is another creation video, this time examining how a single lamp is made for a library sequence.
- "Have You Ever Seen a Ghost?" (2:11, HD) is a jokey featurette concerning Laika employees and their own experiences with paranormal activity, featuring interviews with producer assistant Laura Merton, director of photography Tristan Oliver, costume designer Deborah Cook, head of set dressing Robert DeSue, puppet wrangler Alicia Cortes, writer/co-director Chris Butler, animator Jason Stalman, and actors Tempestt Bledsoe, Jeff Garlin, Anna Kendrick, Leslie Mann, and Alex Borstein.
- "The Zombies of 'ParaNorman'" (2:14, HD) highlights work on undead characters, featuring interviews with writer/co- director Chris Butler, producer and lead animator Travis Knight, co-director Sam Fell, actress Anna Kendrick, and rapid prototyping leads Morgan Hay and Kingman Gallagher.
- Still Galleries offer "Character Art" (2:05), "Concept Art" (2:06), and "Behind the Scenes" (2:06).
- Theatrical Trailer (1:33, HD)
the makers of Coraline comes the story of Norman, a boy who must use
his ability to see and speak with the dead to save his town from a
centuries-old curse. In addition to spooky zombies, he'll also have to
take on mysterious ghosts, wily witches and, worst, of all, clueless
grown-ups. But this young ghoul whisperer will soon find his paranormal
abilities pushed to their otherworldly limits. Featuring the voice
talents of Kodi Smit-McPhee, Anna Kendrick, Casey Affleck, Christopher
Mintz-Plasse, Leslie Mann, Jeff Garlin and John Goodman, it's a
frightfully funny and magically thrilling adventure for the whole family
in eye-popping stop-motion.