Actors: Dwayne Johnson, Alan Tudyk, Auli'i Cravalho, Jemaine Clement, Nicole Scherzinger, Temuera Morrison
Director: Ron Clements, John Musker, Don Hall, Chris Williams
Language: ENGLISH: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit), FRENCH (Canada): Dolby Digital 5.1, SPANISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
of Discs: 2 (BD/DVD + Digital Copy)
Release Date: 2016
Studio: Disney / Buena Vista
Time: 103 Min.
- Theatrical Short Film: Inner Workings (1080p, DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1): The filmmakers discuss their short (0:48), and the
film follows (6:26). The movie is a fun and interesting take on life and daily routine.
- Maui Mini-Movie: Gone Fishing (1080p, Dolby Digital 2.0, 2:29): Maui finds catching his meal a little harder than anticipated.
- Voice of the Islands (1080p, 31:13): The filmmakers discuss
how their trip to the Pacific Islands changed them and their approach to
the film. The piece explores the area's geography, history, culture, the
inhabitants' outlook on life, and much, much more. The piece weaves
what becomes a documentary on life and the people in the region which
ties back into the film rather than looking at the film first and the
second. This is a piece that's suitable for the classroom.
- Things You Didn't Know About... (1080p): A two-part feature.
- Ron, John, Auli'i & Dwayne (2:02): The film's directors and primary voice actors share some fun facts: favorite foods, the day's
breakfast, sleep habits, and more.
- Mark, Opetaia, & Lin-Manuel (1:57): The film's musicians answer some rapid-fire questions: what's for breakfast, fun facts, favorite
Disney theme park ride,
sleeping habits, and a what-if question.
- Island Fashion (1080p, 5:13): Neysa Bové discusses the challenges and specifics of costuming the characters.
- The Elements Of... (1080p): A four-part feature.
- Mini-Maui (3:34): The filmmakers discuss making one of the film's smaller stars.
- Water (4:38): A discussion of the effects that created one of
the film's key early moments and new technologies utilized to make more
convincing digital water.
- Lava (2:56): The challenge of making one of the film's critical and unique characters.
- Hair (3:05): As the title suggests, this piece looks at
digitally animated complex character hair. A whole lot more goes into it
- They Know the Way: Making the Music of Moana (1080p, 12:37): An in-depth discussion of the film's music.
- Deleted Song: "Warrior Face" with Introduction by Songwriter Lin-Manuel Miranda (1080p, 3:41): The song is presented against basic
- Fishing for Easter Eggs (1080p, 2:52): Auli'i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson host a quick tour of some of the film's hidden secrets.
- Deleted Scenes (1080p, 25:56 total runtime): Grandmother's Warning/Legend of Maui; Canoe Race; Father,
Daughter, Boat; Education of Moana; Discussing Moana's Future; Race the Wind/Ties That Bind; and Under the
Sea. Included are optional introductions by Directors John Musker and Ron Clements.
- "How Far I'll Go" Performed by Alessia Cara (1080p, 3:04): A music video.
- "How Far I'll Go" Around the World (1080p, 2:44): The song seamlessly performed in multiple languages.
- Audio Commentary: Directors John Musker and Ron Clements
discuss project origins, evolution, music, visual style, research,
characters, performances, animation, and even an ex-Pittsburgh Steeler
cameo. The track is thorough and enjoyable. Fans will find it to be of
value and worth the time.
The main character will be Moana Waialiki, a sea voyaging enthusiast,
and the only daughter of a chief in a long line of navigators. When her
family needs her help, she sets off on an epic journey. The film will
also include demi-gods and spirits taken from real mythology.